Great friendships are vital in life and today’s Bible verse reminds us that our friends can keep us sharp in life. But how does that happen? Let’s look at a few steps you can take to develop great friends:
- Be Available – to be a great friend we have to be available for our friends. It would be a good idea to simply put on your calendar regular meeting times. We are all very busy in life and if we don’t set aside time for our friends then we will eventually draw apart from them.
- Be Honest – share your heart with your friends. What I mean by this is share the deep things in your life; the tough things in your life. Share with your close/trusted friends all aspects of your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual life. We often get ourselves into trouble because we believe the lies we tell ourselves. When we share the deep things of our life with our friends they can help to “re-calibrate” our thinking. They can help us to think clearly about the tough issues of life and de-bunk our faulty thinking.
- Listen – practice being a good listener to your friends. Friendship is not one-sided; learn to not only share your tough life issues but also listen to your friend and what is happening in their life as well. Draw your friends out by asking “Open-Ended” questions (questions that require a thought process, not just a YES or NO).
Who are your go-to friends? Who are the friends in your life you can count on? Send them an encouragement note and thank them for their friendship and encouragement in your life. Also, step out and take a risk; share a deep truth with your friend about yourself – trust them with a part of your life and ask them for feedback. It’s risky, but it is worth it.
Call Terry today to signup for a life coaching package (231-499-9069).
You will be able to work on:
- Life Focus / Goals / Purpose
- Depression or Anxiety
- Marriage or Relationship Struggles
- Life Coaching for the College age
- Life Coaching for Managers and Executives
- Life Coaching for Addiction / Pornography Recovery
Leave a comment