How God Answers Prayer
Welcome Back Guys, Thanks so much for checking out my post on Living an Extraordinary Life. This is the 5th post in a series of 8 or 9 that I have been providing since the COVID-19 outbreak. I hope to give you HOPE and encouragement for your day.
That has always been my hope. As a pastor and life coach, I desire to help those who read my post to feel empowered to take their next step forward.
I know some of you are fearful about the days ahead and the uncertainty of the world around us. There are thoughts of;
- Will I have enough food for myself and family?
- Will I be able to make that next payment or pay my bills?
- Will my loved one survive if they get sick?
- Will I survive if I get sick?
- Will I have a job on the other side of this?
And I’m sure there are many other fears as well. I understand those fears and I have them too. I stopped at a grocery store a few days ago and was shocked at the sight of empty isles and shelves, and at that moment I was fearful. Jen and I went home and prayed with our family and then we went to bed. On Sunday morning when we woke up, nothing had changed except, God’s mercies are new EVERYDAY. I decided to continue to move forward despite the uncertainty and I am encouraging you to do the same. Here are a few things you can do daily to give yourself hope in this time of uncertainty.
- Pray daily with your family. Here is a link to a daily pray by YouVersion: https://blog.youversion.com/category/prayer/
- Talk as a family about the positive things you will do with your day. (reading, playing together, doing a project, etc.)
- Schedule your day, hour by hour.
- Re-connect with some old friends (by phone or internet)
- Re-pair a broken relationship.
- Take a walk around the block and pick up trash and litter
- Plan out your meals for the week.
- Schedule a movie night and introduce an old favorite to your family.
- Schedule time to turn off smart-devices and the news.
- Send someone an encouragement card, especially those who teach you the Word of God.
Galatians 6:6 (NLT) – Those who are taught the word of God should provide for their teachers, sharing all good things with them.
There are so many other positive steps forward that we can take. They might be small or large. The responsibility is yours to take them. Please don’t let fear keep you in paralysis, reach out if you need to talk. Remember, even a bad move is better than no move because at least you are moving. Don’t stay stuck. Don’t stay isolated in this season of social distancing. I’m praying for you! You are loved! Thanks again for reading and if you missed the first few posts in this series you can find them here:
- Post 1 – Living An Extraordinary Life
- Post 2 – The Ingredients of REAL Life Change
- Post 3 – Wake Up
- Post 3 – Carry Your Backpack
Even with social distancing restrictions, we can still meet for coaching and there is time in your schedule right now. I am a life coach and I am trained to help you through this process. Give me a call today (231-499-9069) or email ([email protected]) to set up your free consultation on developing your adult character. I have an Advanced Certificate from Dr. John Townsend in coaching. Give me a Call Today!
Leave a comment