This is my favorite time of year.
I set aside time the week between Christmas and New Years’ to plan, dream, and set goals for the new year.
This year, Jen (my wife, we’ve been married for almost 23 years now) and I will be getting away for a personal marriage retreat. We will spend focused time in prayer and planning for 2021.
“A Failure to Plan is a Plan to Fail.” Ben Franklin
Setting goals, for many of us, is easy. Sustaining progress is the hard part. Over the next several days, I will share with you eight tricks to maintaining your goals.
Do you want help setting goals? Watch my video HERE.
Also, be sure to email me, and I will send you a pdf of my Goal Setting Worksheet (FREE).
Tip 1 For Sustaining Your Goals
ACCESS YOUR ADRENALINE
Every day, you have an option to get out of bed and attack the day or complain about the day. Make it a point to do something (anything) positive when you first get out of bed. Here are a few suggestions:
- Pray and thank God for the Day (IDEA, Pray the 23rd Psalm or the LORD’s PRAYER)
- Go to your spouse or your child and verbally bless them
- Make Your Bed
- Make Coffee and Bring a cup to your spouse
- Do a ten min. workout to get the blood moving
Completing positive activities first thing in the morning will motivate you to continue them throughout the day. Start with one small and simple exercise and add to it. Balance the activities between these four core aspects of life (a spiritual, a relational activity, a physical activity, and a mental activity).
What if I cannot access my energy to do something?
If you are struggling to do something productive that brings life to you or others around you, do a quick assessment of yourself.
Do you have a recent loss in your life (loss of a dream, loved one, opportunity, etc.)?
- If you have a recent loss in your life, you will need to grieve and mourn the loss.
- Are you in a rut? You’ve been doing the same thing over and over and not seeing any positive results from it. If this is the case, then a 360 review of your life would be a great place to start.
I want to help you reach your goals!
Set up a FREE session with me today to start moving your life in the direction you want to go. We can meet virtually or in person. I am so excited to work with you!
Leave a comment